Become A Member
- Home Owner Association discounts...
- Internet Service Provider discounts...
The Lake Gaston Association continues to be your primary voice on the Lake and we are providing significant volunteer time to the improvement of the lake's water quality, health of the fishery, and recognition of first responders. Funds are always needed to finance events that take place to protect the Lake. If you would like to contribute to our worthwhile cause, please consider donating to the LGA.
|Mail Donations To...|
|Lake Gaston Association|
P.O. Box 656
Littleton, NC 27850
Marketing & Membership Committee
- Meets: 3rd Thursday of each month at 8:30AM at the Tammy's Place at 239 Hwy 158 in Littleton, NC 27850
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair: Tony Moran - (252) 586-6045
Committee Mission Statement / Function
The mission of the Marketing & Membership Committee is to enhance the general public’s knowledge of the Lake Gaston Association by creating more visibility (both physical and in print). We want everyone to realize the value of joining the LGA and becoming part of the strong LGA voice that is bringing positive changes to the Lake Gaston Community.
The Committee utilizes all available means to promote the LGA’s mission, accomplishments and membership benefits. These include but are not limited to advertising in local media publications, sponsorship and/or participation in lake-area events and functions, and development of programs to solicit new and retain current household and business members.
- Improve LGA visibility within the 5 county lake region. This will be done by attending as many community events as possible to hand out brochures, answer questions, and encourage new folks to join LGA (both households and businesses). The LGA will also help sponsor many of these events.
- Improve LGA visibility by strategically placing small billboards proclaiming the LGA and its efforts to support all personnel (members or not). We will also make maximum use of print media (newspapers & regional magazines/publications).
- Actively solicit businesses to join the LGA. Promote their visibility through the business card pages in our bi-monthly bulletin and our web site. Encourage household members who have businesses to upgrade to the business membership level.
- Work with other committee’s and organizations for the betterment of the LGA.
The Committee is currently beginning its annual campaign to add new household and business members, through face-to-face public event participation and the use of property tax listings of the five counties surrounding Lake Gaston. In conjunction with this campaign, a list of prospective new business members has been developed, and committee members will personally visit these businesses to explain the benefits of membership. Additionally, renewal notification letters for 2011 will be forwarded to current household and business members. The Committee is also developing its plan for advertising, sponsorship and participation in lake-related events for 2011.
The Executive Director provides administrative support to these Committee activities by preparing and mailing all letters, tracking and providing reports on renewals and new memberships, and providing welcome letters to new members.
We are proud to count many local businesses among our membership. We encourage all of our web site viewers to support these businesses by utilizing their services whenever possible. For a complete list of LGA Business Members - click here.